SOLVED Filament Calibration Fails - Extruders Not Moving

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Bilal, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Bilal

Bilal Member

I am now trying to calibrate the filament and do my first print using the dual titan 1.1 printer. However, both extruders (bowden and direct) are not moving :(

The extruders wiring are correctly connected but I am not sure how to calibrate them or at least check if they are working. I would appreciate if you could share a link or any procedure to test the extruders.

Also, when I try to print an object from the SD card, the heads move and the screen shows that the printing is in progress, however nothing is extruded from the hotends as the extruders motors never move

2. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

Silly question first, have you switched the heaters on. They require a minimum temperature before they will move (150 degrees C if I remember correctly). Once over that temperature they should start to move.

3. Bilal

Bilal Member

The temperature is already set to 240 degrees but the extruders motors are always offline while printing is in progress.

4. Bluemalu

Ok, 2nd silly question is are they switched on, does the feedback show the temperature rising and then maintaining 240 degrees, also, are they wired the right way round for the heaters, if the heater is wired the wrong way round it can cause some confusion. Easiest is to switch both on but it would be a good check.

5. Bilal

Bilal Member

Thank you very much Bluemalu for trying to help.

I just figured out what was the issue behind this weird situation. The Grub Screw wasn't installed in the titan assembly making the pinion gear turn without making any apparent movement in the extruder.

I feel so silly but I am happy that at least the problem is fixed now :)

6. Bluemalu

Don't feel silly, you can feel silly if you do it the 2nd time. 1st time is the joy of setting up a 3D printer.