Filled out questionaire..now what?

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by 2YRRAH, Aug 4, 2015.

1. 2YRRAH

2YRRAH Member

I completed the questionnaire 3 days ago but no response so far.

What is the process...will I get an e-mail from someone or is there some special forum place to search?

Thanks

2. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

You need to reach out to the at support@e3d-online.com to start communication. It says this right on the link to the questionnaire:

I looked at your questionnaire though (I don't work for E3D but have access to support as I'm a distributor - Filastruder), and a few things jumped out at me:

- Your retraction is too high, start at 0 and go from there.
    - Your temperature is likely too low, try 215C
    - Try putting thermal paste on the threads between the heatbreak and heatsink, this can aid in cooling where ambient temperatures are a on the warmer side.

3. 2YRRAH

2YRRAH Member

Yes, I see it now...front and center. I usually try read things thoroughly to avoid stupid questions. I guess I was anxious to start the questionnaire.

Thanks for your recommendations. I'll try the first two. The paste I had already applied. I got the impression from several threads that it was a "silver bullet" but unfortunately, not for me.

The printer gives every indication that it is over-extruding, even though I set the firmware extrude steps/mm at 130, when my motor and MK8 hobb should be good at 152 steps/mm

Regards