Finally A Complete Print (Few Issues...)

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Syko_Symatic, Mar 18, 2016.

  1. Syko_Symatic

    Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2015
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    78
    So after all the little niggles and sensor fault I have finally completed something other than the standard benchy code!

    It is.....

    image.jpeg

    A Super (350%) Benchy!

    Printed pretty well got up to 60% fans as well which has been killing my machine previously. My main issue with this print is as below:
    image.jpeg

    There was some sort of banding. It only appears at a few layers but is present all the way around the layer. Any pointers about this and any other artifiacts you might notice?
     
    mike01hu likes this.
  2. Spoon Unit

    Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2015
    Messages:
    1,095
    Likes Received:
    322
    First, I'm not convinced that this isn't just partly natural variance in the material. Looking at the overall quality, it's excellent. The edges look very sharp. Did you use supports here?

    If you want to try something here, you could try re-calibrating the z axis the bed (http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/Printer_Commissioning#Z-Axis_Calibration). I actually missed a few steps there but went back through it to make sure. It looks like the issues are only present at the bottom of the print? So that would be the bed at the top of screws. Are your hex nuts at each corner of the bed all the way down (they shouldn't be). I was in a position at one point where the right hand side screw was pushing into the part connected to the acrylic at the top of the screw, so that wasn't ideal.
     
  3. Syko_Symatic

    Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2015
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    78
    I'm glad you like it! No supports at all! The square window is excellent considering it's a 35mm bridge! The hex nuts are all at the top. I could try aligning the motors again and see if that helps. I have to switch out the X-carriage later (little enthusiastic when sanding for the hot end installation) so I could do it then.

    I am fairly confident too that the solution to my fan speed issues were not only my temp sensor being faulty but also the positioning of the second hot end fan. I didn't realise it came on with the first hot end fan, this lead to the 2nd fan blowing air across the hot ends but much higher up.

    I just getting to the end of another medium length print so I will see if the lines are present in roughly the same place.
     
    mike01hu likes this.

Share This Page