FINALLY, a successful print! (almost)

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jarrett, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

I finally got my first successful print without the filament grinding down and ultimately jamming. However, while it completed. It has a few issues. Perhaps some of you experts can help me pinpoint as to why so I can tune up a bit better. I'm running a BB v1.1 Dual Hybrid w/ Titans, slicing with S3D (Alex's profile).

First, it was pretty hairy (cleaned it up a bit first in images). My retractions are set at 1.5mm, 70mm/s, and was printing at 210 C at 60 mm/s. I am afraid to raise retractions as the last one that was grinding down the filament had a lot of retractions. What would you change to decrease hairs?

Secondly, the print split into three sections when I took it off the bed. There were three distinct points where it "just didn't print well" - no idea what would cause this. Any ideas?

I'm just happy I had something finish finally that wasn't a benchy, but would love to figure out why this happened!

Attached Files:

mike01hu likes this.
  2. moshen

moshen Well-Known Member

What material are you printing?

3. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Oh that would help! It is MakerGeeks PLA.