first layer issue

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Martin Low, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

Hi,
    I'm having a strange problem that appears to have started since I had a jam. When I start a print the first layer doesn't happen due to the nozzle being in contact with the bed. I have gone through the calibration process for the z axis and it is still doing it. At the end of the calibration process if I manually move the z axis up to the 0.00 position it is correctly just above the bed but as soon as I start a print it reverts back to being touching.
    When the print starts it shows the height of the z as 0.09 on the info screen but if I go into the move axis menu option it shows the z position as 0 and it is physically pushing the whole carriage up.

If I carry out an auto home it correctly goes back to the correct z height again with the 0.00 being just above the bed.

Any help is appreciated.

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

I might not be able to help but a bit more info is needed for those who can. It would be useful to know your printer model, what firmware you have installed and, if using S3D, the flavour of profile.

3. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

Fair enough.

Its a hybrid pro titan 1.1.0 RC6
    Am using S3D and the profile is the Bigbox Hybrid-pro

4. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Which calibration did you do, for Pro or Dual and did you save the mesh or other calibration immediately after running it?

Assuming you re-did the IR sensor calibration first.

Sorry didn't see the earlier posts until a moment ago.

5. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

6. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

Ok so an update, I tried saving the file to the SD card and starting the print from the printer which worked fine. I then deleted the g code from the sd card, re loaded into octoprint and started the print again and it is now printing fine. I didn't change any settings during that time. Maybe the file was corrupt? I'm not sure but its working for the moment.

7. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

Another update, I had to stop the print. I started it again and am back to square one. This is very frustrating!