First print, and question about bed leveling

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by wfredette, Mar 10, 2016.

1. wfredette

wfredette Well-Known Member

Finished commissioning my dual this afternoon, and printed the 3D Benchy on (almost) the first attempt. The very first attempt had a thermal runaway error after 10 layers.
    [​IMG]

Overall, I am really happy with the first print, especially since my first printer was a Kickstarter delta that required waaaaay more tweaking.

During bed leveling, I noticed that the L rear corner of the bed was way out of level with the front corners. And, when watching the print, I could really see that. The mesh leveling seemed to handle it well, but is there a way to adjust the corners of the bed? Maybe washers to act as shims on top of the hex shaped standoff?

Mike Kelly likes this.
  2. goose117

goose117 Member

You can adjust the height of each corner independently by rotating the standoff, it has a good enough range to completely level the bed. I adjusted each corner and then tightened the screw to make sure it doesn't move.

A trick I used was to position the bed at just the right height where the IR sensor would trigger, and move the head back and fourth with the motors off until two corners triggered the IR sensor the same.

3. wfredette

Ah... perfect. Thanks!

4. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

Thermal runaway?

Your fans look very high.

I've set mine to the same height as the IR sensor using the same piece of rubber belt...

5. wfredette

Yep. I moved the fans down after the print finished. I know the build instructions say to push them all the way up, but I may have missed the step that said to lower them again.