First Print losing adhesion

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Oliver, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Oliver

Oliver Active Member

Hello all

i am trying to print the benchy print. but the bed adhesion gets lost sooner or later.
    Is this normal for this first print, just using that benchy file on the sd card ?

Also is it really needed to auto home and level bed every time i do a new print of it ?

Is it normal that so many fixings are left over from the build ?

Cheers

#1 Oliver, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

For adhesion check your z offset and temp is correctand experiment with coating the glass with one of the various things people use
    ABS slurry
    Hairspray
    Glue stick
    Painters tape
    Kapton tape
    Hope

Level is not strictly necessary but home is. The printer needs to know where it's starting from.

3. Jean VISCONTE

Jean VISCONTE Member

For adhesion, I am experimenting now DIMAFIX http://www.dimafix.com.
    Works nice with ABS,PLA,NYLON, Colorfabb NGEN so far.
    For instance with a bed temp 75°C, absolutely no warping while printing ABS, and the part detach easily once the bed is at 40°C.
    Other advantage over other methods, it cleans easily with alcohol, no need to more agressive chemical nor washing nor removing bed.
    Only precaution: before spraying, put a small piece of paper at the bed center to keep it clear, where the IR sensor collects its zero, to avoid false reading due to glue's optical diffraction. One centimeter or half inch square array is enough.

4. Oliver

Oliver Active Member

Found the issue later last night, the heating bed was way off in the middle where it printed the benchy.
    After just raising the temperature more its sticking till the end.

Just printed the bed supports from the forum here, which should press the heatbed better onto the glass.