I put them on and remove them while debugging. Also, lack of stiffness might contribute to layer shifts, but not consistency of layer thickness / extrusion width, so doubt that would have any appreciable effect on what i’m ironing out. In case i wasn’t very clear earlier - my issue isn’t that the layers are shifted, or blobby, it’s that some layers are equally inset on all sides, or equally sticking out - i.e. extruded at different (volumetric) rates. The interesting thing is that if i fix that through adjustments to extruder acceleration and jerk, it’s fine for the tool/nozzle i was adjusting for, but then the other tool, with a different nozzle looks like crap. It’s almost as if i’d have to have gcode readjusting acceleration and jerk for every tool, on every tool change, which is doable, but slightly insane.