First Printer, Need to buy extruder

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by David_Wallis, Mar 8, 2016.

1. David_Wallis

David_Wallis Member

Hi,

I'm building a p3 steel currently and looking at the reviews people recommend the e3d nozles.. so here I am.. rather than ebay clones :)

However I'm thinking dual extrusion is the way forward and looking at the chimera, the frame supports dual bowden extruders so was thinking of going this route.. any comments.. and if not can anyone recommend what parts I need to order :)

Thanks

David

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The chimera is nice but leveling it can be a bit of a chore. Though it does allow you to use a cyclops, which has certain applications it really excels at.

I personally like the dual v6 approach. Though I use both right now and there's pro's and con's to either.

3. David_Wallis

David_Wallis Member

The leveling bit doesn't worry me too much as I have bought a capacitive sensor for the one part, and surely the other is leveling the two nozzles relative to each other, which once done...

If I just do dual v6 with bowden drive, I'm assuming its still quite compact? and dont sacrifice too much print area?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yeah I meant the leveling between the two nozzles. The set screw method is not the best way of doing it, and can be difficult to get just perfect

Yeah dual v6 is still very compact all things considered, just not *quite* as tight as the chimera.