Follow-up guinea pigs required

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Alex9779, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

What did you change to X60? In which profile? Which box version?

If you "update" the profile your settings are store within S3D. You can then export if you like to but not needed. Because if you import my profile again it will be numbered automatically. You can rename the profile you updated so you can select between both easier.
    But tell me your problems, this is what this thread is for, so I can fix them if the are really profile related...

2. Falc.be

Falc.be Well-Known Member

export FFF profile

3. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Thx .. I think I not a good tester for S3D... I still try to understand it...
    Am I right that I have to edit the FFF XML to get the stuff like "the tool change script only shows up for the dual" working .. which I managed get now right (shows only when "Both extruders are shown" is selected.)

The X60 thing... I make a video once the current print is done. Found this thread after I started the print... only 31.52 mm to go.
    Box version KS Titan Dual 1.1 but only 1 hot end installed on the right with Titan as T0. So what would that be?

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Depends which profile you use.
    The FFFs work this way: you have the upper section, it show the settings which are loaded by default. And then come the "auto configure" sections for materials, quality and extruders. Settings which are in the auto configure sections present are stored for that selection only if you change them and then update the profile. If they are not in an auto config section then they are set globally and stored independent of the auto configure selection.

For this setup I would use the mirrored version, firmware and profile, but then the dock position is X100, X60 seems too much on the left side...

5. Miriam

Miriam Active Member

Hi,
    I have dual hybrid, I updated to new firmware and profile.

You have done an excellent job!!!

I am now printing with colorfabb pla/pha, the temperature is a bit too low (195 much better), leveling of the bed still needs some work on my side - I'll continue to check and post my questions about leveling and finding Z=0 when I have more time.

The updated firmware and profile are a great leap forwards. I am extremely happy with what I saw so far.

Miriam.

6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

As I wrote in the README the materials are just some values to start from and only the lower manufacturers recommendations.
    IMHO it is not possible to have a setup for every case, but I love to have different starting points. I tweak the settings for every print, but I don't wanna have to change the temps.
    Maybe I set it to 200, the goal is to have the profiles setup in a way you can select from auto configure and get a working printable file with them, not perfect but working...

7. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

What's the recommended nozzle size to test the profiles?

8. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

All are set 0.4 but I tried also with 0.6 and 0.25. Just changed the size on the first tab. Maybe the extrusion with to manual but that depends on the print. It should work just with changing the first value...

9. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

10. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Mirrored... Just think of it E3D is always left-to-right...

The one you selected is the right one...

PsyVision likes this.
  11. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Printing speed.... since I think I read in this thread something like "... profiles are a starting point to get okish print where one can improve from..." I think 50 mm/s is a little high more like 30 mm/s would be good.

12. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You have different quality settings. Fast is 50 medium is 40 slow is 30...

13. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

ok... but the speed is shown on the Other tab, and when I change the Auto Quality setting these do not change. But the layer and infill settings do.

Here a Fast print with BigBox Dual Hybrid ~0.3 layer PLA, had issue with hod end did not heat up, only the bed, after manual set temp and restart this was the result.

Here are my extruder auto config and g-code fixes pull requests, what do you thing?

14. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't reproduce, when I change the quality settings the speed is set to the values I wrote.
    The quality settings have two names in my profiles, for example "Medium/Medium", first is for the resolution, second for the speed.
    Coarse = 0.3mm, Medium = 0.2mm, Fine = 0.1mm, Fast = 50mm/s, Medium = 40mm/s, Slow = 30mm/s

Sorry but I am missing some details, was that my profile? Because your pull request is against the official profile repo, not mine...

And regarding your previous post you said 30mm/s would be a good starting point, why didn't you change that too?

15. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

The Speed thing, I will Test this tomorrow again...
    Aren't we talking about the BigBox3D GitHub Repository?
    ..I'm confused... no we do not
    Ok then just ingor my Postings... they are based on the BigBox3D Repo.

The G-code in the Pull requests are based on some of your scripts https://github.com/Alex9779/BigBox-Settings/tree/master/Hybrid-Dual/Simplify3D/Scripts

The Pull Requests... they are a improvement to the current official once, so they could be useful, if not reject them.

I did not include the speed because I realized this too late and I wanted to fix the Extruder auto config and the tool change Script in One PR.
    And I have not yet figured it out how it works. As I said the speed Settings does not change for me when selecting different quality Auto conf options.

16. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

We are talking about my profiles, not the in the new official repo... And if you don't have quality settings lie "Medium/Medium" but only "Fast" and "Medium" and "High" then this is not mine...

17. CHP

CHP Active Member

I use use Alex's Dual settings on my BB Pro. Working great so far.
    Yesterday I tried it with the Volcano 1mm nozzle and upped the speed to 80mm/sec. I had to put the BB on the ground otherwise it would shake too much, also I forgot to calibrate e-steps for the large nozzle, but the result turned out pretty good.

Attached Files:

18. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

OK now I used your repository and this file "BigBox Hybrid-Dual.fff"
    It looks ok in on S3D and the auto configuration is working for
    Extruders:
    • Extruder temperatures set as expected
      • selecting "Left only" sets left to filament temp and right to 0
      • selecting "Right only" sets right to filament temp and left to 0
      • selecting "Both" sets left and right to filament temp(s) as in auto conf for Material defined --> good
    • g-codes (tool change script) is only available for Both Extruders Oozeless/Ram Purge
      • Not in Left or Right only --> good
      • Not in "Both Extruders" (a 2nd dual setup) --> not sure why but I'm not that deep in dual printing yet.
    • Start and End g-code scripts
      • Performing basic stuff like "auto home all axis", heat the correct extruder(s) and bed. --> good
      • Additional stuff like move to Dock, prime the extruder(s), move out of the Dock. --> good
      • At the end moves to Dock, purge the extruder(s), switches off heat and motor power. --> good
    Print Quality:
    • Sets layer height, infill AND print speed. --> good
    • It has a nice selection of qualities with talking names --> good
    Material:
    • Nice selection of filaments with I think useful Temperatures and Cooling Settings --> I can only talk about PLA yet and they work.
    Summary I would use it to be used as Official BB Dual Hybrid S3D setting.
    Its is a very big improvement to the current one.

gearmesh and Alex9779 like this.
  19. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

@Stefan nice report...

@All to emphasize, these profiles are meant as a base. The main advantages are the start and end scripts for every extruder selection and the tool change script for dual prints.
    If you would use my profile and change the values to anything then the results of the print would be the same as if you used any other profile. Vice versa if you use my profiles as a base because you want the scripts, you can easily update each material settings or add new materials or new quality settings...
    In the README file is explained that more settings than normal are bound to the material or the quality! So there shouldn't be surprises when using for example HT and changing retraction settings and then switching to PLA. Each of those materials can have their own retraction settings. I have a page in my own Wiki which settings is bound to what, I am going to prepare that too for the README file... Stay tuned...

This is because I wanted a dual selection where I do not use the ram purge to use maybe an ooze shield or a prime tower... People for example are having issues using the ramp urge with the Volcano, and I seriously doubt that this will be possible or give the same results as seen with the V6. So I though it would be nice to have a selection without the ram purge so it does not overlap with other settings...

20. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice but why didn't you use the Pro profile? IF YOU TEST TEST THE RIGHT THINGS! :p