GBP in freefall - a 2nd BigBox?

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by R Design, Jun 24, 2016.

1. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

This morning the British Pound is in freefall against the euro and the dollar.

Who is going to take the opportunity to place an order?

Alex Stevenson likes this.
  2. GrodanB

GrodanB Well-Known Member

Yes... now it probably the right time... I a few years everyone outside Britain will pay toll and extra tax on the goods (today I could buy it with lower tax and no toll)

It's going to be interesting to see how this will benefit Britain. Here they are speculating that great Britain will fall apart since Scotland and northern Ireland seem to want to stay in the EU and already showed signs that they want independence....

Intresting times...

#2 GrodanB, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. TimV

TimV Well-Known Member

One thing is clear, OUT is OUT.
    And if they want to rejoin it will not be at the same conditions.
    Honestly, I will pull all my business away from the UK, it will soon become very expensive to get stuff from there.
    No tax benefits will allowed like we did for Norway.
    Just sad that this had to happen and a large amount of the voters have been fed full of lies and disbelieve, they will soon see that it will not be better all alone.
    My thanks to the uk people for stepping out (weong side driver never understood why) and for opening the eyes of our current europe leaders that this is not the europe we (the stronger believers) can continue to be.
    My 2cents
    Tim - a stonger believer of together we are stronger than all alone. See 3D printers, rather dual than single extruders!!!

mike01hu likes this.
  4. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

'Freefall' is more than a little over optimistic, if you are looking this morning you already missed the best rates, as it has been pretty stable after it came off the bottom, an 8% saving is still nice though of course.

As for the EU, I guess we'll have to see how much is left after the dust settles, with multiple other EU members now facing demands for their own votes this could unravel still further if it is not handled well...

5. Falc.be

Falc.be Well-Known Member

Is it me or this boris johnson a british Donald Trump ?

Anyway, I might stock up kn the coming weeks

mike01hu likes this.
  6. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

Sad to say this, but UK will cope just fine. EU on the other hand, I see it crumbling to pieces.

7. R Design

I'm reviving this thread. ;-)

8. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Is that because you're buying us all cheap BigBoxes??

9. R Design

I secretly dream of running a print farm. Of having dialled in settings on parts and watching them pop off one after another.

But first I have to create something for which the world needs multiple copies.

As it is invention is the toughest step of the road and many days I'm not printing because I haven't figured out WHAT to print.

And then when I do print it for the first time, there are a few false starts as I get the slicing figured out to suit the object and the design to suit the slicing.

But it would give me just as much pleasure to know that some of our friends here had set up second boxes and were printing away merrily!

Right now the USD/GBP and EUR/GBP rates are excellent!

mike01hu likes this.
  10. R Design

11. GrodanB

GrodanB Well-Known Member

It would be tragic for the rest of us in the EU if all is positive for the UK...

Seem like there is no need of free trade for UK based business and no impact in the long run for the UK...

Except E3D that see a minor issue with not being able to hire anyone they want... (which is intresting since the voters seemed to think they voted for less immigration...)

Or did I read it to fast? Did I miss the true meaning...?