Gcode compare help please... oh the madness...

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Steven, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I've been working with Alex9779 in getting my BB 1.1 with titan working. THANK YOU ALEX! The sample 20mm box gcode file is now my standard. Ive been battling the dreaded FIRST LAYER stick problems...
    I actually tried hotend at 210 and bed at ZERO for this PLA and PETG. Never did that before and it actually works. Alex, the cube comes out PERFECTLY!. the brim, first layer, each layer and up.

BUT now when I try to print a sliced file from RepetierHost, I have complete first layer failures and no bed stick.

If I generate Gcode from RepetierHost and compare it to Alex's sample, what should I be looking for?
    I need to determine what needs to be modified in RepetierHost slicer configs.

2. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

Since the bed levelling and bed surface haven't changed, the main things you want to look for to improve the first layer adhesion would be the nozzle and bed temperatures, overall print speed, first layer speed, extrusion width and extrusion multiplier, layer height, first layer height, first layer width, skirt settings and cooling fan settings.

If the sample gcode you're having success with was sliced by Simplify3D, it records a lot of the slicing parameters in a header at the top of the gcode file so you should just be able to look at those and compare them with whatever slicer you're using in RepetierHost.

You're looking for this:

; G-Code generated by Simplify3D(R) Version 3.1.0
    ; Jun 30, 2016 at 7:19:57 PM
    ; Settings Summary
    ; processName,DefaultProcess
    ; applyToModels,test connector holder
    ; profileName,BigBox Hybrid-Dual (modified)
    ; profileVersion,2016-05-21 23:46:30
    ; baseProfile,Generic Dual Extrusion Profile
    ; printMaterial,PLA
    ; printQuality,Medium/Fast
    ; printExtruders,Extruder 0 (left) only
    ; extruderName,Extruder 0 (left),Extruder 1 (right)
    ; extruderToolheadNumber,0,1
    ; extruderDiameter,0.4,0.4
    ; extruderAutoWidth,0,1
    ; extruderWidth,0.48,0.48
    ; extrusionMultiplier,0.9,0.9

.. and so on...