GCODE problem

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Spoon Unit, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Bit weird this one, but maybe it's obvious to someone else.

If I manually enter these to try to set up the bed temp...

M104 S210 T0
    M104 S210 T1
    M140 S70
    T0

And then submit my job, it seems to crap out. The starting script from S35 is what pretty much unchanged from the original S3D profile; just a little PID tuning in there for bed and tool.

When the job begins, it seems as if the bed levelling isn't being used, as I'll hear is scrape the bed as it reaches the back (so clearly some room for manually leveling that) but the point is that that wouldn't normally happen if I didn't submit those GCODE commands and just let S3D do it's work. As others have found, the long pause where it waits for each temp to level out adds minutes to the start of a job, so I'd like to begin to provide a faster way of getting the heating done, amongst other things.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Why are you sending gcode instead of just using the manual control options elsewhere?

Maybe upload an example gcode

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

@Spoon Unit look at the scripts in my Github BigBox settings repo or the Gists. I tried to speed the heating starting to heat right away but no wait. Then the machine homes, moves to dock and then waits for the heater(s) to reach the target temp. Then primes the extruders and then waits for the bed temp to be reached which is mostly the case at this stage.

BTW Marlin does not support M109 S210 T0. You have to choose the tool by sending T0 or T1 command and then send the M104 or M109 command with only Sxxx.

4. Spoon Unit

@Mike Kelly I'm sending GCODEs because a) I want to learn and b) I want to provide myself with some buttons to take care of regular tasks. I did upload a GCODE example in my first post.

@Alex9779 thanks for the clarification. I think I got confused on the use of the T on the end of M104 and M109 because that's what seems to be output in the GCODE generated from Simplify.

5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

@Spoon Unit sorry I can't remember, maybe you didn't mention it yet anywhere else, have you got a Pro or Dual?

Just to mention it again here I created a repository with settings for the BigBox. Currently there's just a Dual profile available. But you can have a look at the start script https://github.com/Alex9779/BigBox-Settings/blob/master/Dual/Simplify3D/Scripts/BigBox Start Script Single Left.gcode what I did to speed up the start process and make it in a way it does not depend on that you gotta do something on your LCD before starting a print...

6. Spoon Unit

7. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

@Alex9779 thanks for posting. sorry for the stupid question, but I assume I replace the [xxx] with the number e.g. M104 S[210] ; set extruder 0 temperature

8. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You're absolutely right...

9. Spoon Unit

NOT

M104 S[210]

BUT

M104 S210

You probably already figured this out just by trying it.

10. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

thanks, yes I had figured that out. but good to point out for future readers.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

not gcode script, but a .gcode file. Should have specified.