Geared steppermotor

Discussion in 'General' started by duskey, Apr 1, 2014.

1. duskey

duskey Member

Hello,

For my K8200 printer:
    Can anyone help me with the electrical schematics of this steppermotor?
    And has someone already used this motor on the z-axis and want to share the essential firmware adjustments? I use TR8*1,5 axis.

thanks anyway,

Chris.

2. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Well-Known Member

It looks like a standard 4 wire nema17 motor. Are you putting an E3D into the printer? I'm not sure what exactly you want to change from the printer kit as provided?

3. duskey

duskey Member

I'd like to replace the z-Axis motors (2) for two geared motors i bought here because they are stronger, more Nm than the originals.
    I did not check the original wiring yet, so maybe the ColorS match, then iT will be no problem.

Then i only Have to Changs the settings for this type of motor into the firmware. I use trapezium 8*1.5 spindles.

Thanks.

4. Ralph Hilton

Sorry, I can't answer the question. Thsi is actually a forum for the E3D hotend so there may not be people here with experience of the K8200. There is a dedicated forum at http://forum.velleman.eu/viewforum.php?f=45 which might be a better place to ask.

5. duskey

duskey Member

Ralph,

Because i ordered the geared steppermotors at your shop, i supposed you had the electrical schematisch of iT.
    But thanks, i Will Search further.

6. Ralph Hilton

Hi Chris, It isn't my shop, I was just trying to answer the question. Looking at the geared stepper motor in the shop that seems intended for use with an extruder. The normal MEMA17 motors should work fine on a Z-axis as it already considerably geared. Is there a problem? The motor has 4 wires so it is 2 coils as in https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6i2m395acg7r ... -motor.pdf which looks similar. You can check with an ohmmeter if the colors don't match.

7. alexg

alexg Member