GoPro Rig

Discussion in 'Show off' started by JohnEsc, Feb 15, 2016.

1. JohnEsc

JohnEsc Well-Known Member

Really proud of this! I have wanted to create this GoPro Rig before the BigBox was even a thought in my mind. It was quite challenging since 3D Printing is so new to me but today I can say that this thing came together beautifully thanks to the BigBox and all your support!

Not only did I create my own self-standing bottom in Tinkercad cause I was struggling to fit the mount into the slot. I also 3D printed the nuts and bolts to attach it altogether, also created using the Thingiverse Customizer! Can't wait to try this thing out!
    [​IMG]
    http://www.thingiverse.com/make:196041

2. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Good work John! Looks great!

JohnEsc likes this.
  3. Chris Toast

Chris Toast Well-Known Member

You, sir, are becoming a high-output print factory. All the rest of us waiting for our printers are feeling the jelly.

;)

4. UlrichKliegis

UlrichKliegis Well-Known Member

Really a reason to be proud! Who of us can say he created his own bottom, and then even self-standing!

SCNR, rotflmbo ;)

But seriously, be careful with your gopro - it wouldn't be the first nut or bolt that breaks. They are just a few filament strands strong, and you know how easy that snaps off. And in the age of these newly found gravitation waves, the bylaws of leverage become more and more important.
    Tie a second lifeline from your wrist to the cam to play on the safe side.

And your design looks really sporty. If they made the cam a bit larger, you could even hold it directly in your hands.

Cheers,

Ulli

5. JohnEsc

LOL I plan on using it while freediving/snorkeling. Don't really have to worry about too much stress on the rig other than the varying temps.

6. JohnEsc

I've had quite a bit of time to really use it... I hope to be of help to anyone else that needs it once the BBoxes begin shipping again...