Guide Requests

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Spoon Unit, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

The manual gets you up and running, but after that you'll be on your own a little. It would be good to have more content in the manual around some operational aspects. I'm sure people have a number of ideas to add.

Changing filament.
    Changing filament mid-print (i.e. how to use Pause properly to achieve this).
    Flashing firmware (musn't assume too much knowledge)
    Lining up for dual printing.
    Bed leveling for duals.
    Tweaking the most important layer - layer one
    Replacing part X (probably a number of thing could be done here - nozzles, screws)

Before I go on, anyone else got any ideas for guides that would be useful to them and others?

Tony Morel likes this.
  2. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

I will write some information on setting up a Arduino environment and flashing firmware with pictures etc :)

@Greg Holloway is this something you would like me to put directly in the Wiki (if so where?) or my blog or another format?

3. Greg_The_Maker

Greg_The_Maker Administrator
    Staff Member

Madeinoz67 likes this.
  4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Just another FYI, anyone can request access to edit and make Wiki pages. I check it periodically to approve requests

5. Tony Morel

Tony Morel Active Member

What about (and only needs a line or two) switching the thing off (am thinking about risks of corrupting raspberry pi and octoprint etc)

6. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

So far, I've simply hit the button at the back when I want a reset/off moment. Ideally I'll implement the solution of @Chase.Wichert to the suggestion of @UlrichKliegis for a reset switch. This is so often what I really need, just to reset the naughty Marlin firmware.