SOLVED Heat bed crash

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by martin baird, Aug 9, 2016.

1. martin baird

martin baird Member

Hi

Nw to all this as I am building this for my Son, who has Autism! I wanted something for him so he could channel the autism into someting creatve!

I Have completed te build (dual titan big box) and when I set it away to Auto Home! It fins the x and y axis limiters, then te bed rises! But it continues to rise eventually crashing with the print head?

Could someone point ut to me where I Have gone wrng please? I am no good with stuff like this normally, and have really surprised myself I actually got tis far lol.

Many thanks!

Martin

2. martin baird

martin baird Member

Appologies for the poor spellng, I have a key scrambling software running on my laptop, unfortunately it drops the odd letter if I type to quickly!

3. moshen

moshen Well-Known Member

Sounds like the IR Probe / Z endstop is not activating. When you place something near the bottom of the IR Probe, do you get a red light that turns on?

4. martin baird

martin baird Member

Hi, Yes! If I place something in close proxiity (around 2-3mm) under the IR sensor, a red light comes on. I have the IR bracket set as low as possible, but the print nozzles are lower than the IR sensor!

I also notice ONE print nozzle seems lower than the other? both hot ends were pushed fully into the carriage and screwed in as per build instructions!

I assume they should both be level with one another?

Thankyou for taking the time to reply! I get very little time to visit the forum, as I work full time!

5. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Recalibrate the sensor level as in the guide to be sure you have the 4mm spacing and, if this does not work, gently lower the sensor until it does. It must be higher (further away from the bed) than the nozzles.

Regarding the nozzle level if you ensured the fit of the nozzles went to the bottom of the recess, then the compression of the O-rings with the grub screws should bring them into line. For the start, I would ensure that the primary nozzle is slightly nearer the bed, then finish the levelling after your first successful print. Four months in and I still have to do this as I only need one nozzle at the moment!:rolleyes:

6. martin baird

martin baird Member

The info states to drop the IR sensor as far as you can! Check!
    Set Z offset to -5.00! Check!
    Change Z-stepper value to 400! Check!
    Go to Auto home! Check!

the head does the X Y test then the Z bed rises and crashes into the print nozzles and pushes the carrier up! I Have to power it down and lower the bed manually?

I have follwed this procedure time and time again and it happens each time.

It would appear I can not get the IR sensor low enough!

with the nozzles touching the bed, there is still a 2.5mm gap between the bed and sensor?

7. martin baird

martin baird Member

Sensor is the black block on the left, and is at it's furthest travel toward the table!

Attached Files:

8. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

Did you place the IR sensor on the right connector on the RUMBA ? The connector should be plugged into Zmin (it looks like it's plugged into Zmax right now).
    [​IMG]

9. martin baird

martin baird Member

yes its on Zmin

10. martin baird

martin baird Member

This is the config

Attached Files:

11. martin baird

martin baird Member

Here is the pic requested!

Attached Files:

12. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

13. martin baird

martin baird Member

hmmm, seems they need to be in a lot further, they wee pushed in as far as I could manage? Maybe I need to clean out the recess in the head, they were really tight to get in initially also!

14. martin baird

martin baird Member

Thankyou all so VERY MUCH!

That is so much better now,

Can someone please let me know how much, and where do I get the belt from? It would appear I have cut one slightly too short lol. It's easy enough to replace! I can not set the zero until I get it replaced. But am so happy just to have got THIS far.

Thanks again.

Martin.

15. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

16. martin baird

martin baird Member

Thanks again! He has placed an order for a meter of it! SHould be enough I guess!

17. cez

cez Well-Known Member

Your left block is facing the wrong way