Heated Bed

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by cez, Aug 23, 2018.

1. cez

cez Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any idea where i can get a heated bed kit for the Bigbox? or what would be best to use as an alternative? Many Thanks :)

#1 cez, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member

Don't know anywhere that would have the varipower bed...

There are various places selling 300x200 pcb based beds (and glass surface) - a quick search found some on amazon and ebay among others. I don't think they're likely to be anywhere near as good as the original.

If I was going to build a new bb today, I'd probably go for a clever3d bed, with a silicone heater, preferably mains powered using a solid state relay. Aliexpress is probably the easiest place to go looking for that (eg https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-Printer-Heatbed-First/210086_2048426648.html). Alternatively you can also find any other size/voltage/power combination you want on aliexpress, including custom builds.

I'd be interested in hearing about any better suggestions :)

3. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

@Greg Holloway what would you recommend as a replacement for your design. Would whatever is coming for the toolchanger fit the original BB?

4. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

We have two beds coming out in the next few months. One is a direct replacement and alternative to the bigbox bed and the other is a new high temperature version which runs on a/c.

mhe and Spoon Unit like this.