Help! - v6Lite hard to extrude filament

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by averybot, Jul 2, 2016.

1. averybot

averybot Member

Hi everyone,
    I just received my v6Lite from e3d-online.com and installed it onto my Prusa i3 rework. I went through the assembly guide and everything is done correctly and looks exactly (or very close) to the pictures provided with the guide. I have a Bowden style setup, but when I tell the printer to extrude, it barely moves the filament (of course the filament is through the tube and it at the hot-end). I can push the filament into the extruder and it will come out the Lite, but it takes a little too much force. The extruder motor is just shredding the filament and it's not coming out the hotend. Any suggestions? I've cut the teflon tube at the end of the hot-end, so I don't know why it's not extruding. I'm also heated the hotend to recommended temperature by the filament brand.

Thanks,
    Avery

2. averybot

averybot Member

I've tried PID auto tune but still nothing is working. It shows it's the correct temperature, but the extruder is shredding filament because it's hard to push filament through.

3. deuel18

deuel18 Member

Hello. Is your Lite6 the same as the one on the assembly wiki? I got a Lite6 with new design that has a cylindircal thermistor instead of those bulb-like thermistor and am currently looking for its specs to update my firmware.

4. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Same thermistor - table 5 in Marlin, table 8 in Repetier.