Help

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by 3DDP, Oct 17, 2016.

1. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

I've had my printer for almost two to three months. I waited days for a reply from tech support, I've not gotten past the stage of turning the printer on, HotEnds disappear, not showing temps, max temp errors, or min temp errors, and nothing heats up, bed temp errors. I paid for a dual with the octopi, and I've had four other 3D printers, and I've modded my Robo 3D R1 Plus, and replaced parts like crazy, so I'm not completely an idiot when it comes to putting things together.

But I've had replacement thermistors, Replacement Rumba, checked my wires, I don't know how many times, I even asked if I could just be sent a built BigBox single, and send the dual extruder with octopi back and let them keep the extra money and I've been waiting around a week and still no response from BigBox....

I just need a working printer..

2. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

OK, what is the problem, I'm assuming it's BB Dual with Octopi. Is it all built up? Which version of the Firmware are you using?

When you say the hotend disappears what do you mean?

3. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

I would not use the pi at all until you get the rumba working makes life simpler.

mike01hu likes this.
  4. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

I don't use the OctoPi anyways, Never was able to get OctoPi to work wirelessly, so I use astroprint with my other printers.
    I wait a week or more at times for replies from tech support.

The Pi is detached, Rumba has been reflashed, since a new one was sent. So both extruders are shown, all temperatures read 0's, to include the bed, which is connected and a MaxTemp Error is displayed. I've never gotten a single print or past the temp error, and I've had this for months.

I've recently taken the bottom off, and rewired the whole printer according instructions, and this will have been the third time this has been rewired.

This is not my first printer, and I've remodeled both my Robo 3D R1 Plus, and replaced all the parts on them, and they work, so I'm not a space case.
    IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0026.JPG

5. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Where did you get the firmware from the you re-flashed with?

3DDP likes this.
  6. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

I was wondering: those two wires entering the PT100 amplifiers, are this thermistors or Pt100 sensors? They don't look like Pt100 plugs to me, and thermistor sensors should be plugged directly on the Rumba board.

7. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

They've change the plugs Rob

8. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

From Greg from BigBox.

9. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

Anyway I can by pass the PT100's to see if they're the issue? No-Temp is displayed on anything.

10. TimV

TimV Well-Known Member

With a MaxTemp, your Rumba will go into protection mode, shutting down everything. Normal that it doesn't display anything.
    MaxTemp is the root cause and that needs fixing.
    How to proceed, turn around the 2 wire connector on the PT100 boards.
    How to : Shutdown the printer, flip 1 connector, power on --> Maxtemp? -> shutdown and flip back, flip the 2nd one. And try again (power on, maxtemp?)
    If those doesn't work, flip both (2nd one you still have flipped) and try again.

You report back with the results?

Greetz
    T.

11. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Also if you have a meter handy measure this:

Voltage between Signal and 0V of the 3 Pin connector on each of the PT100 amp boards (with the power on, be careful you don't short them, might be easier to measure from the back of the connectors as they attach to the rumba)