Hemera extreme under extrusion

Discussion in 'HotEnds & Extruders' started by piefairy, Sep 3, 2021.

1. piefairy

piefairy Member

I am setting up a Hemera hotend on my ender 6. The problem I am running into is extreme under extrusion. I haven't been able to get my PC to talk to the printer, so I have been using the Marlin interface to try and diagnose what it going on. The board is the Creality 4.31 running Marlin 2. I have corrected the wiring harness already. I checked the Vref and have it set to as close to 1.19v as I can get it (1.78v). The tension knob is adjusted so the white plastic is level with the black part of the hemera lever.

Marlin E-step value is set to 409 as per documentation. I used my calipers to measure how much filament is extruded when I tell it to push 10mm, and it only moves about 4mm. The tension on the extruder is set so the white plastic is level with the black lever as per E3D instructions.

The printer was working fine except for extrusion issues with the long Bowden tube, hence the hemera conversion.

It is consistently pushing around 3.9mm any time I tell it to extrude 10mm. At this point, I have to be missing something for it to be this consistently off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. piefairy

piefairy Member

Nevermind, E-step value was not updating with the firmware for some reason.