Hemera Extrusion Problems

Discussion in 'HotEnds & Extruders' started by Ryanrocksforever, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Ryanrocksforever

My hemera extruder that I bought from e3d has stopped producing quality prints. I am using a modified cr 10s 5 that has a duet 2 wifi, bltouch and the hemera direct extruder. when just extruding filament from the control panel it works fine, but when I start a print the Hemera stops or serverley under extrudes, causing prints to fail. I had just replaced the heatbreak heaterblock and nozle with replacements from matterhackers(the hotside kit). when it stops extruding and i stop the print, I try to extrude again. I have noticed that the filament takes longer to feed back in and flow out of the nozzle. It would seem that the slicer retracts more than it extrudes. After testing this I have found that that is not the issue. I printed out a 20mm test cube perfectly the first time, then when I tried it again the same thing happened, it did not extrude.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Ira Sison

Ira Sison New Member

I think I'm having the same issues as you after installing the same hotside kit from Matterhackers. It seems as if 30-40 minutes into a print, I can hear the extruder gears slip or grind. Then extrusion stops. After pulling it apart, there is a piece of filament stuck in the heatbreak (above the nozzle and right wear the extruder gears meet. Super frustrating.

3. Pritt

Pritt Member

Well, I think I'm in the same case, or similar.
    What I have noticed, that if I extrude at low speed (5 m / s) from the Duet panel, it does it well.
    If I already go up to 15 m / s, the filament is already stuck, the gears make noises and the part that adjusts the tension hits like jumps.
    I took it apart and saw that the gears were full of filament filings. There were also debris on top of the Aluminum HeaterBlock.
    Having seen this, I have come to think that it was not the fault of the filament: I have tried to open one that was still sealed ... and the same. I've tried switching from PLA to PETG ... even worse.
    Since everything was from the same brand, I have ordered from another brand (supposed to be a good one). Today it will come to me and I will try it.
    I opened a post where you can see photos and videos:

https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/hemera-extrusion-problems.3859/

I take this opportunity to ask: I sent an email to e3d and they have not responded ... I see that no one from e3d seems to intervene around here, is it that they are on vacation or never respond?

Greetings.

4. Diplomator

Diplomator Member

I have the same issue, think the hemera has a construction error, so many users have this issue

5. Lombar

Lombar Member

I have the same problem.
    The extruder part is cold, so it isn't a problem of fan or similar. When the filament stops of go outside I tried to change the filament and I observed that the final point of filament is wider, like extruder is pushing but the filament can't go through. If I cut the end and insert it again the print continues so it isn't a clog. I tuned the temperature high and low, but there aren't different, after 6-8 mm up again it fails. The problem seems to have any relation with the fills. When I print solid parts, some times in nylon and others, there aren't problem.
    Sometimes I think in change the extruder for any other brand, direct drive too, but without this problems, but I can't find any without problems of clog or similar,