Hemera wiring

Discussion in 'HotEnds & Extruders' started by Grinmaul, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Grinmaul

Grinmaul Member

Can someone show me the 2 connectors wired to work with an ezboard/ender 3?

Everything seemed to be working, then the extruder was acting weird, moving back and forth instead of one direction, i plugged into my orig motor to test and same thing, so took a closer look at the wiring, and the one that comes with the hemera is very different then the one on the ender 3. why did it work for a bunch of prints?

anyway, i spent a good hour making sure i got the pins right, did a 30 min test print with PETG at 240c and everything got hotter then i am comfortable with.

so i want to make sure i got the wiring right. also bringing home a temp prob to see what it gets up to.

2. Jan Erik Vangen

Hey. i dont have an ender 3..... but my motor is also acting weird. worked fine for a while. then acting back and forth like its jammed.
    i can print 5 minutes to hours before this happens...
    here is a youtube video

look around 9-10 sec in the video think this must be the same problem you have.
    i can retract the filament 15 without any problem. and then extrude 15mm filament. but when i try to extrude more it stopps. i have to retract like 400mm og filament bore the jam goes away or take out my gears, then i works fines for several minutes or hours, depends how lucky i am.

Still waiting for an answer from E3D about this, and i have found several users online with the same problem. have checked my gears, wireing and everything looks okey. BUT i dont know what happens in the bearings or in the motor, so im thinking the problem is in there somewhere.

If you find a solution please update me. becase i tried to print the same part for 1 week now and none of the tries is successfull

3. Grinmaul

Grinmaul Member

Do you have the extruder cable that came with your printer? try that and see if it works, i am at work right now and can't remember what colours i put where, but the orig cable defiantly worked, i just did not want to take apart the bundle of wires again, so repinnd the one that came with the hemera, i am just looking for confirmation about what colours go where.

4. Jan Erik Vangen

well my printer is homemade, and i used a Titan Aero. and used that cable, also tried to switch to the cable that came with the hemera. still same problem. so im also looking if im wireing correct since the motor stopps after a while

5. Daniel Rock

Daniel Rock Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

In terms of the motor not rotating freely, the first thing to do is switch the middle two wires for the stepper motor on the board connection side. If this doesn't resolve the issue it may be that you have a cracked gear, in this case, could you take some images of the gears and send them over to support@e3d-online.com

6. Grinmaul

Grinmaul Member

It works fine, i am looking for a pin wire diagram so i can make sure i wired it right. its not a cracked gear, it spins freely, not even sure where in my post would lead down that road.

does e3d have a wiring schematic for its hemera extruder?

7. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Have you checked the data sheet?

8. Daniel Rock

Daniel Rock Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

9. Grinmaul

Grinmaul Member

10. r8183594

r8183594 Member

11. r8183594

r8183594 Member

Forgive me, I should clarify, I'm installing the hemera head, on my ender 3 pro, which has the original 1.1.4 board.
    All other axis cables are straight through with the center two twisted..