Hermea mount repeat problems

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by Thomas Kamsker, May 24, 2020.

  1. Thomas Kamsker

    Thomas Kamsker Active Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2016
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    7
    So i changed my original E3D Toolchanger setup to have one hermea and 1 Aero + volcano nozzle to print
    The Bodens work fine but the hermea setup doesn't work now at all.
    i normally align the receiver plate with the moving part that it is perfect aligned in x i use an steel ruler to check that , i hope that is correct to works at least for the V6, then i check if that setup is aligned in z means when i did the Aero setup i had to change the mounting to do so.
    the Hermes setup is ok in z. Now i drive the moving part into the receiver in small 0.5mm steps. when it make the click sound. (hardened balls ouch hardened rods ) then i start the locking macro. i removed the cover to see what happens and it seems that it doesn't turn full. But when i hold the package by hand and engage the lock it works so there is no debre or something in the way. i now run out of ideas what else can i Check ?
    any input or ideas appreciated

    2nd issue i have is that the setup is only possible at the most far right position if you have other tools the are in contact but as it is now no real issue
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Greg Holloway

    Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2015
    Messages:
    911
    Likes Received:
    591
    Hi,

    Check you have the latest version of the Hemera fan duct as there was an adjustment made to help with alignment.

    You might also find you need to do a bit od adjustment with loosening the screws to get it to align correctly. It can be a little fiddly but shouldnt take too long.

    Those attached photos are a little hard to see as they are quite small.
     
  3. Thomas Kamsker

    Thomas Kamsker Active Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2016
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    7
    Hi i now played around with the Hermea (i had also some alignment problems with the aero and Vulcan) but the problem is the repeatability .
    I was correcting all angles now it is really parallel less tan 0,15 mm the top is aligned is sideways
    I managed now that first move it works when i put it back and pick it up again the whole stuff has moved in z 0,3 mm and x 0,3mm and this is enough that locking fails. It seems that the construction with this single leg is the weak point because of the weight of the hermea. (The picture is from my start point where you can see the tilt towards Z axis. If i had my 4 axis setup on my mill i would have done the single leg in Alu. So if you aware of any more stable design i would happily test it because i originally wanted to mount 2 hermea in my tool changer setup.
    One way could be to make one part in my resin printer where backplate the single leg and the top black receiver is one pice do you think this make sense ? i would happily test that setup ?
    And maybe CPE is wrong material ? should i try PETG ? or nylon ? it simply feels that this one little leg is not stable enough to fight the momentum and i did several test runs all with rehoming so first pick works 2nd pick fails and this is because the aluminium receiver is then in an different position as it is at first move .. so if there is anything i can do to improve i would happily do that
    thx thomas
     

    Attached Files:

  4. Thomas Kamsker

    Thomas Kamsker Active Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2016
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    7
    Mistery solved ,.. there was an Alu chip where the steel part should have been pressed in ,.. but it wasn't so it couldn't lock properly and the reason why it did it wasn't properly it only held as much too doesn't fall off ... so i am now in the position to start my hermea journey ,..
    thx for input thomas
     
    Nibbels likes this.

Share This Page