Hermes toolheads

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by mhe, Oct 23, 2019.

1. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

Hi there,

since I am really looking forward to the Hermes release and want to retrofit my TC with 4 of them, are there any printable parts that can be release beforehand so I can print them before the hotends arrive to speed up the process?

Or will there be new docks and parts kits available for purchase upon release for us TC folks?

Paul Arden likes this.
  2. Greg_The_Maker

Greg_The_Maker Administrator
    Staff Member

We will be releasing a Hermes tool, but I do not have a timeline for when.

mhe likes this.
  3. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

Got it, will you also offer new backplates for the Duet 3? Because then this whole modification could be done in one go. Rewiring will be a pain in any case.

4. Greg_The_Maker

Staff Member

What do you mean by backplate?

5. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

I mean the big plexiglass plate that currently serves as the mounting point for the electronics. Since Duet3 and the addon board have different dimensions and hole patterns than Duet2 and DueX, I was wondering whether you'd offer ready made solutions for that. Or do we have to machine/lasercut such plates ourselves?

6. Greg_The_Maker

Staff Member

Ahh I see, it's called the electronics panel, as it has the electronics on it. The back plate, is the planel on the back, which is called the rear panel

We will of course make mounting holes for the Duet3, but as we don't have a reference implementation for the Duet3 at this time the holes are not part of the cut pattern.

Once we have a working setup the design files will be updated and made available and we will ship new panels with the new mounting holes.

mhe likes this.
  7. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

You, Sir, are awesome, thanks!

8. Killercds

Killercds Member

I recently made some holes in a "scrap" panel to mount a voltage converter for a Pi 0. It was pretty simple with a drill on low speed, with a bit of dishsoap on the drill-bit