Hi from Manchester UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jeffrey Coles, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Jeffrey Coles

Jeffrey Coles New Member

Hi, I am hoping to scan the forums for advice to help me with my excursion into 3D printing.

Some months ago, I bought a Tronxy X5S as my research suggested this would be a budget buy with good potential to upgrade. I must say it seems quite a substantial machine for the money I paid with plenty of opportunities for my "hobby engineering" to improve. I have already upgraded to the E3D V6 hot end and the direct drive Titan extruder.

I am a complete novice in the sphere of 3D printers, G-code, firmware flashing etc.

The Marlin controller is Ver 1.1.7

I'll stick with this while I am learning! My wish would be to upgrade two more items, a new control board and automatic levelling.

At this stage, everything is working, and it is going through the motions of printing. I am assuming my printer is configured to work with the original hot end and extruder motor, so the extrusion is weak, so I need to figure out how I can experiment with the filament feed speed and temperature control.

I will endeavour to search the forum for the relevant advice, but I might need to shout for help! And if there is anyone in the Manchester area who I could hook up with for "hands-on advice" I could supply copious cups of tea/coffee and biscuits!

Thanks for reading, Jeff