High nozzle

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Martin Low, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

Ok so almost complete the commissioning and I tried to auto home the printer. It did x and y axis correct but when it came to the z axis it crashed into the upper support. I tried increasing the z offset but that didn't make any difference (and using my finger under the sensor it didn't seem to change anything). I tried removing the IR sensor which was set at its lowest point anyway and it did detect the bed. So it was obviously too high, that got me looking at the whole x carriage and it just appears to be way too high as even at the highest the bed will go the nozzle still sits about 5mm above the bed therefore I will never get the print bed high enough.

Is it simply a case of raising the bed using the spacers between the PCB and bed assembly (that were set to about 2-3mm gap at assembly)? or am I missing something?

I have a pro with titan.

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Pictures always help...
    But I try. Maybe you forgot to insert the rubber ring above the hotend into the lower X carriage part?
    Which parts of the bed are crashing in the frame? The bushings? Or something else?

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Strike out the rubber ring if you have a Kickstarter Pro... or is it a Pro with the Hybrid head?

4. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

I will get some photos uploaded.
    I have a PRO with a hybrid head, and yes I added the rubber o ring.
    It is just the whole carriage reaching the end of the travel on the screws and the whole carriage hits against the upper support.

5. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

6. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

That'll do it :) Also make sure you follow the advice to leave the bed standoffs slightly screwed out which will give you a bit more leeway to adjust the bed height,

7. Martin Low

Martin Low Member

Yeah thanks for that. on a separate note. I am also still struggling with the z offset, it doesn't matter what I change it to it always goes back to the same height?