COMPLETE hinges for electronics cover

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by R Design, May 2, 2016.

1. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I couldn't even find my side doors, so haven't had a chance to test them. Would be great @W1EBR.Gene if you could confirm they work for you.

2. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

3. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Cool thanks. I duped it into my account so I can play around. Just FYI you have 2 sketches which aren't happy (way up the time stack)

4. W1EBR.Gene

W1EBR.Gene Well-Known Member

I tried it out and they work! I am using them mounted to the long side so that they can be swung and left open for easy access or closed if I am printing ABS.

5. Spoon Unit

Yeh. I have no idea why either. When I created an offset, it became unsolvable all of a sudden, even though it could draw it. In the end, I just kept hammering until it worked. Maybe it was something I did, or maybe it's an error in the software. I keep reporting things from time to time, but haven't mentioned this one. In the end, it seems to work anyway.

6. Spoon Unit

I came close to designing it twice, one for each orientation, but thankfully realised I didn't need to do that before I got far. Thanks for the report.

7. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have complained multiple times about the error messages being next to useless (they are right down the street from me, so I actually go over there every so often) and they did acknowledge. I've been a test subject for some UX testing, and it was pretty funny when they saw how a "normal" person might interpret some of them...

Spoon Unit likes this.
  8. Spoon Unit

Often I take those kinds of errors to mean - "try it again a different way". These recent errors all seem to be connected to projecting from an imported DXF into a sketch for follow up extrusion.

9. Chris Toast

Chris Toast Well-Known Member

Old thread, but thanks for this design. Working great for me.