Homing Commission step not going back to center

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Buckaroosan, May 7, 2016.

1. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

When I am doing the homing step to at the beginning of the commission process it runs just fine but when the auto home is done it does not end on center x=0 y=0

Attached Files:

2. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the correct pulleys in the right place. If your head goes past the bed when you do an Auto bed level then you might need to change the pulleys.

Once that is correct, the end-stop adjustment screws are used to fine-tune the head so that it will sit at 0,0.

3. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

Do you mean the stepper motors? All of those are correct. It stays inside the bed. It moves and contacts both X and Y stitches and raises the bed to the correct spot but it doesnt go to the correct "home" position.

4. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

No, the pulleys/wheels that are attached to the stepper motors. There is a 12 tooth and a 20 tooth. If they are in the wrong spot then the head will travel too short in one direction and too far in the other.

5. Brian Dowling

Brian Dowling Active Member

6. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

Ok I switched out the tooth gears with the 20 tooth on the x axis motor and the 16 on the Y axis motor. Everything is fine on my x axis with it moving to the proper 150 mm position but with my y-axis it is only moving back to 70 mm. Any ideas?

7. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

Do i need to contact support directly for a problem like this? It seems like the settings may be off. All of the geared parts were corrected and i made sure the wiring was in the right place on the mother board? Is there a way i can manually fix this from the lcd screen? Or am i over thinking this. I can post a video if needed