SOLVED Homing X-Axis Hybrid Titan

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Tim, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim Member

I've just upgraded to the Hybrid Titan, and despite the appalling mess I've made of the wires (To fix later), I've a more fundamental problem. When I run "Auto Home", and the carriage stops at the end stop on the X axis as it should, however, the with IR sensor being attached to the left of the carriage, it won't ever see the build bed from this position (so can't complete Auto Home)

If anyone can tell me what I've done wrong... it would be much appreciated.

Tim

Attached Files:

2. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

Are you using the updated firmware for the Titan? This should home at 30,30 so that the sensor is over the bed.

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok looking at the picture I have several remarks:
    1. Are you running or planning to run dual extruders? You are using the fan should for dual but only one hotend is mounted...
    2. The cables for the right hotend are meant to be right then behind the carriage to the left side and then up to the back spine. With that bunch of cables on the left side you will never get the right nozzle to X0Y0.
    3. Your endstop screw is way too long to get the right nozzle to X0Y0.
    Regarding your question: you have to update your firmware...
    If you had a dual then you are used to mesh bed levelling, all official firmwares are now auto bed leveling. If you wanna stick to mesh bed levelling you have to use this firmware. this presumes you upgraded the box following the official build manual and connected the extruders as described there...

4. Tim

Tim Member

Arr the firmware would be the problem. I thought I'd done this successfully, however something has gone wrong. I'm getting a "avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout" error message when I try to upload (have tried this on a PC / Mac and the Raspberry Pi), and the LED screen is now blank - so I'm pretty sure there is something at fault with the board.

I note another user had the same problem, which they managed to fix by using a "USBISP AVR Programmer". I've never used one of them before, but just ordered one.... might have to pick this up in a month when it arrives :-(

5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmmmm the firmware update issues are a bit let's say foggy... There was no real solution, you can try several ways to flash, what you did already as you told. So yeah, maybe the boot loader is defect but to flash this you need that ISP programmer, correct...

6. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I had the same until I did not mount the glass on it and put the sensor as low as possible.