Hot End Offset?!

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Syko_Symatic, May 23, 2016.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

Hi all, after upgrading the to the Titan I have just shy of the whole bed to print with. I think I have and issue with my Simplify3D settings. I need to tell it that the head is offset by the 32/34mm whatever it is as if I centre a part and print it, in reality it print off centre despite the view on simplify. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution to it? I have put the offset into the tool offset but it makes no difference.

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

No idea what you wanna set in S3D, I set there NO offset. The offset you can set there is not influencing the display.
    Just try my prfile (https://github.com/Alex9779/BigBox-Settings/raw/master/Hybrid/Simplify3D/BigBox Hybrid.fff)
    It has all the scripts you need to start and end a print properly and the tool change by Greg too.

Actually with Hybrid the whole thing is much easier, the build plate is just 300x200, when I center a part in S3D now it is centered in reality too...
    Before you had to set you build plate for a dual to 260x200 while when printing a dual print you couldn't only print on 220x200!

3. Syko_Symatic

I think my error lies in a misunderstanding. I have changed all my wiring for hot end 0 over to the right hand head and 1 to the left hand thus making the right hand the primary. I believe this is incorrect? That may be why my bed does not match up with simplify3D previews. Or perhaps I need to edit the firmware?

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You setup the mirrored style. Use the mirrored firmware and the mirrored profile...

5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

BTW there is no right or false...

6. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

This is very difficult to parse. If there's no right or wrong, how do I know if your statement that there is no right or wrong is right ... or wrong?

mike01hu likes this.
  7. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

:p:p:p
    I meant you can mount both ways. There's no right or wrong, just different...
    We have to develop a questionnaire for everyone to fill out when requesting help ;)

8. Syko_Symatic

Ah! Mirrored it is then! I will have to update the firmware again. To be clear the Titan is still on the right hand head, also does the mirrored one have the Mesh Bed Leveling? Thanks!!

9. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

As described in various posts about my mirrored setup the only thing that is changed is the dimensions and the spots where to move when doing Z homing and the spots for the mesh leveling... Everything else is the same like in the firmware for the "normal" setup...