Hotend temperatures are dropping when printing infill only

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lee smith, Oct 20, 2021.

1. lee smith

lee smith Member

Hi, I have a large format copymaster 400 with many upgrades including Hermera and 0.6 nozzle. I have not had this problem before, but while trying to print a large flat part with grid infill I was getting thermal shutdown and eventually I noticed the hotend was dropping from 215 to 210 only on the infill. If I turn of the part cooling fan for the infill it prints ok and as soon as I turn the fan back on it starts to drop again. I have tested the hot end and fan when it's not printing with the nozzle close to the bed and the temperatures are stable so it's only when printing this infill. it's fine printing anything else like walls and top layers.
    Have a new heater cartridge on order and going to look at replacing the wires I think I attached the new cartridge to the old so it could be too thin perhaps ?

Anyway I wonder if anyone has a suggestion. I tried looking in the slicer to see if I can turn off the fan while printing infill only, but no luck so I have set the fan to 50% and going to try again.

Lee

Attached Files:

2. lee smith

lee smith Member

dropping the fan to 50% and changing to gyroid and more infill looks to have stopped the drop in temp. I am still interested to know what is going on with the original profile, but at least I can finish the print.