How can I configure Repetier-Host with my V5

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Conce3Dprinter, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Conce3Dprinter

Conce3Dprinter New Member

Hello there.

I just got my bowden V5 Hot end and set it up on our personal constructed Rostock Delta 3D Printer.

So in the documentation says the thermistor is a 100k Ohm and one can use the #5 in the Marlin.

But how can I configure this info in Repetier-Host?

I need to do this before I can heat it up and tighten the bolt, so I can get a correct temperature and don't burn the thermistor.

Thank you!

PS: I loved the gummy bears they include, and they didn't spoil in the trip to Chile =)

2. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Repetier-Host runs on the computer, Marlin is the firmware that is presumably on your RAMBo board. They are separate entities.

Sounds like there's some googling in your future.

3. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi there!

Glad you enjoyed the Haribo :)

Just to clarify what Tim is saying:
    There are different thermistor configurations because the resistance to temperature relationships are not the same for all types of thermistor. This is taken into account by your electronics so that the computer sends a temperature-set-point rather than a resistance-set-point.

The configuration of your thermistor is set in the printer's firmware (Marlin in your case) so what you need to do is update Marlin to tell if that you are using a Semitec thermistor. Once you have done this, you need to re-upload the firmware onto your board and you will be able to control the HotEnd temperature accurately via Repetier-Host.

If you want us to check over your configuration.h file before you upload it, then just post it here and I can have a look.

Let us know how you get on!

Regards,
    Josh