How many Pre-Order customers are out there? (bought after KS was over)

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by JonGillam, Mar 16, 2016.

1. JonGillam

JonGillam Active Member

I think I seen two guys mention they were pre-order buyers with Feb 6th and Feb 19th-ish purchase dates. I joined the group with a pre-order on Feb 26th. Just curious how many others are out there that perhaps haven't commented anywhere regarding their purchase dates. Does anyone know when pre-orders were first available to purchase?

Thought it might be interesting to compile a sort of pre-order number/purchase date thread? Especially since we don't have those fancy KS backer numbers to reference. ;)

2. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered Dec 19th (dual kit). Someone, sorry don't remember the name, posted in the G+ group with their order number and it was just a few lower than mine so must have also been mid Dec.

I haven't really been fretting too much about when it might be delivered although it would be nice to have a vague idea so I could try to see if I could get a bit of time off work to build it. I'm getting very itchy fingers seeing everyone else's build posts and amazing prints. I've ordered a Volcano for mine and I have loads of projects in mind that would involve insanely long print times on my current printer which keep getting put in the 'wait until I get my BigBox' queue...

3. Imko

Imko Active Member

pre orderd mine the day they shipped the first bigbox. I have been told i am a "early" pre ordener..

4. Hans C.

Hans C. Well-Known Member

I ordered my plywood Dual on November 2. No word yet. *sigh*

5. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure they started taking pre-orders during the campaign since some people couldn't/wouldn't use KS, but were very clear that any pre-orders would be shipped after all KS orders. It is worth the wait, I love my machine, it is my very favorite printer.

6. JonGillam

JonGillam Active Member

Yeah same here, also a dual order, Order # 1036163. I was assuming the order numbers were probably consecutive for ALL orders placed through E3D, so would have a lot of V6 Hotend buyers, filaments, etc. mixed in. Regardless, I rest easy thinking by the time the pre-orders start going out they will have things pretty dialed in and everybody on here will have all the profiles fine tuned so I'll be able to put it straight into production. :D

7. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Well-Known Member

order mid january. BB dual

8. TstarkEngineering

I hope thats not the case otherwise I am 2000 Bigbox preorders behind you :-D

JonGillam likes this.
  9. JonGillam

JonGillam Active Member

If you don't mind me asking what was your order number? Your the earliest one I've seen thus far.

10. JonGillam

JonGillam Active Member

Ha! Ok, yeah, I highly doubted the order number would be anything specific to BB kits.

11. Sarah Nicholson

Well, Clare did say they had a LOT of pre-orders... but I doubt it's quite that many!

12. TstarkEngineering

maybe someone can bribe Clare or Greg to say at least how many pre-orders there are in total.

13. Sarah Nicholson

It would be great if someone from E3D could give us a rough idea of when pre-order shipping might start. In the last Q&A Sanjay said there would be approx a month break between shipping the last Kickstarter rewards and the pre-orders, but then other people who ordered much later than me are claiming they've been told they would get theirs mid April when it looks like it might take until the end of March to get all the Kickstarter orders out. So I'm a bit confused, but I figure it will get here when it gets here.

14. Hans C.

Hans C. Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that's highly confidential...OK, it's 1029048. ;)

Since all sorts of other orders are mixed in--for filament, hot ends, parts etc.--the numbers don't mean much. Only the order dates tell us anything, and the shipping order will likely depend on the version ordered, i.e. plywood vs. acrylic, single vs. dual. Wish I knew when to expect mine, my thumbs are sore from all that twiddling.

15. Archania

Archania Well-Known Member

Ya I pre-ordered my dual on Feb 19. I believe Kenneth ordered his on Feb 3rd.
    From an email I asked for a rough idea about a week ago and was told at that time it will be like 3 more weeks to get the kickstarters done then like 2 weeks till they can get to my order. And its been roughly a week into it so far.
    Looks like they are mailing like mad from posts people are doing on the g+ and kick starter pages and of course here.
    So hopefully they are on track now that the packaging issue was fixed.
    Looking forward to it and you are right, by the time I get mine the build instructions should be good and of course the simplify3d profile worked out.
    Learning a lot from everyone so that's good.

16. hexler

hexler Member

ordered the dual on Feb 10th, order 1035088. at least we get some time to research the build. It would be nice to have an idea, could plan some vacation time!

17. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I asked if it was a couple hundred and they said it was 'about that'

I really think they'll get to as ordered by around end of April without much problem. Though this is vey much a SWAG