How Tight Should V6 Be In X-Carriage?

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Syko_Symatic, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

how easy to remove should the hot ends be? At the moment mine take a little effort to push in and a lot to pull back out. Should they be a slide in fit easy to install and remove?

2. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

After you tightened the grub screws, they should be tight. It should not be possible to wiggle them, this would undoubtedly affect the print quality.

3. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

I have managed to get them to a slight push fit. Just have to thread the replacement temp sensor into position and try realigning the bed and then we are good to go.

4. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

I found that cleaning the inside of the hole out using a thickly rolled up piece of very fine wet and dry (used dry and which was almost the dia of the hole and rotated gently helped to even out imperfections without taking too much off. Using a Dremel is too aggressive.

The other problem I find is that the fans (left and right) are in the way of holding the heat sinks (re the warning NOT to use the heater block to pull on the assembly) and would benefit from a way to easily detach them or just temporarily swing them out of the way.

Henry feldman likes this.