How to disable MIN/MAX temp faults on second extruder?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Miasmictruth, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

I have a bad PT100 on my left extruder, I have moved the pt100 from the right over to the left so I can still print with the left as primary, but how do I disable the faults for the right extruder.

I don't really feel like rigging a resistor up to fool the rumba would rather make a programming tweak for temporary purposes. I would also like to keep the duel extruder code so I don't have to tweak travels. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

You could flash your Dual with the Pro firmware. I think that is the quickest solution.

3. Miasmictruth

I have it limping along and was ablentobprint a nice benchy, I am hesitant to load the pro firmware because there are differnt limits.

Worst case if the PT100 fails completely I will just put a resistor on it or something. I was just hoping I could change a setting real quick and be done with it.

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Here a dual firmware with one extruder and second temp sensor deactivated.

Attached Files:

Miasmictruth likes this.
  5. Miasmictruth

Your the man @Alex9779 :)

I assume that if I load new firmware I will have to rerun the manual calibration of the bed mesh? Or is that somehow saved outside the firmware?

6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am not sure. When I started using the BigBox and flashed my firmware the setting for the bed leveling were lost.
    Now they are preserved... I am really not sure. If you have the OctoPrint you can check the values in the terminal right after connecting. Or you send M421 I think, then the values are returned... If they are all 3 or 4 (not sure again) you have to relevel, if the have "strange" values then the settings are still there...

7. Miasmictruth

Is there a way to get to the values through the LCD or M421 through Repetier will I get them? I have the Pi bypassed for the time being until have a a good few hours to sit down out that mystery lol, just wanted to print something last night.

8. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure, just do the leveling, then you're safe...

9. Miasmictruth

Fair enough, if I get a chance to play around with it I will let you know if it works through Repetier Host

10. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

Anyway to bypass both PT100's? Think both mine have been bad since I've gotten my printer since I've never gotten to be able to print anything always had Temp errors across the board.