How to mount standard size steppers with new electronics panel

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by chrys, Apr 20, 2021.

1. chrys

chrys Member

Hello. Has anyone figured out a good way to mount standard size stepper motors on the new electronics panel? The new panel is designed to mount Hemeras, but I don't want to have to buy all Hemeras for my Bowden tool. Has anyone else ran into this problem/considered a solution?

Thanks!

2. aravir

aravir Member

you mean these weird shaped cutouts in the plexiglass side where usually the extruders should go? Yeah, I think the only reasonable option here is to design some fillers for these cutouts and print it...

3. chrys

chrys Member

Yes that's what I mean. They went from producing a more or less universal mount in the acrylic panel to making one very specific to the very specific extruder that they make. Maybe I'm missing some functional reason for the shift but it's pretty lame.

aravir likes this.
  4. aravir

aravir Member

Yes it was a bit unexpected, because when commissioning the printer I wanted to install a simple bowden extruder and kinda failed miserably. Ended up designing toolheads for DD extruders I have - bmg-m+mosquito/orbiter+mosquito. Quite a steep route, took some time...

I would really like to see the .step file for a new electronics acrylic panel in the github, maybe I need to search for it better?

5. chrys

chrys Member

I haven't been able to find one either.

6. chrys

chrys Member