Hybrid X Carriage instructions are incomplete

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Turtle, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Turtle

Turtle Member

I am just in the process of building and I have got to the section for building the X Carriage.

I presume I have the Hybrid carriage because that's the part I've found but in one of the steps it says to install 4 x M4 Nuts and grub screws bag 14(section 9 just before the O rings). Well mine only shipped with 2 grub screws according to the packing list and I assume that's because I have a Pro. But which of the holes do I put the two screws in?

I've skipped through the rest of the manual for a hint but as a lot of the pictures show two heads I can't take a guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

2. Turtle

Turtle Member

Hmm reading the sticky it appears I need to use the "right" hole, not sure what the orientation is yet but I assume the longer side is to the rear of the printer. Anyone that can confirm please, the lack of detail in this section of the manual is a little frustrating.

Tim

3. daveyweaver

daveyweaver Member

I'm sure on the pro you use the direct extruder, so thats on the right. Grub screws go one in front of hole and other at back. Used to hold in the hotend when you get to that bit.

4. Turtle

Turtle Member

Thank you, I have guessed which is the right side but it might become clearer much much further into the build. I'll see if it makes more sense when mount the carriage.

Tun