I love my E3D-v6!

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by SLAM-ER, Feb 4, 2015.

1. SLAM-ER

SLAM-ER Member

So I have a Solidoodle 2 printer, it's an older model that used a nichrome wire wound around the barrel for the hot-end. It's been really good despite it's cheap price and budget design. After a few years I decided to get a new hot end as it had been jamming a lot and the prints are starting to look pretty crap.

I got a J-head from ebay and had even more issues with it jamming. When it was working it was better than the solidoodle original nozzle, but was still constantly jamming so I ordered the E3D-v6.

Today I installed my new 1.75mm direct universal E3D-v6 hot end and thought I'd start it off with the toughest stuff I print with, a NinjaFlex knock off flexible filament. The Solidoodle is direct drive extruder and even with it's short path (~6mm) from the extruder to entry of the hot end I would always get kinks in the filament. A little printed guide mostly fixed this on the solidoodle hot-end setup and I managed to print some test prints in flexible filament.

Swapping the nozzle over to the E3D-v6 and reprinting (the same G-code) and OH MY GOD the difference is night and day. The old hot end print is stringy, with blobs and gaps all over the place. The only way I can describe the E3D-v6 result is 'almost perfect'.

http://1drv.ms/1F4NEtQ
    Left=Brand new E3Dv6, Right=2-3 year old Solidoodle hot-end

I wish I'd invested in an E3D hot end months/years ago!

Thank you very much E3D-Online, your sales and support service is the best I've had in a long time (despite some mix ups) and the shipping from UK to NZ was 4 days (quicker than I get local deliveries!)

2. strangebob

strangebob Member

With mainly problems appearing on the forum - of course - I can only agree to your opinion above. It has transformed my Printrbot Metal from good to awesome. I really like the v6.