SOLVED Inconsistencies In Dual Extruder Assembly (Bowden Coupling)

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Old_Tafr, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Here

http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Printer_Sub-assemblies#Dual_Extruder

Under Dual Extruder it seems to suggest that the Bowden Coupling two parts are assembled together and then fitted to the extruder. (Especially as it suggests the writing is upward. Only the collect has writing on it, and if the body is fitted first then the collect would only install one way anyway. )

But here...

http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Printer_main_assemblies:_Step_By_Step_Assembly_Process

The parts list says that the body of the Bowden Coupling is "Installed" but that the collet is "in the V6 bag"

Which is right and can the WiKi to updated to avoid this confusion?

As I have the coupling already fitted, I hope there isn't part of the build that says, Only install the collet after doing this...... as I can't imagine the collect is easy to remove.

2. wfredette

wfredette Well-Known Member

I assembled it and then pressed it into the hole. It's working as designed for me, but I agree that the instructions could be clearer.

3. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Not sure if I understand the problem correct, but in a DUAL there are 4 cuppling thingys.
    2 per unit, 1 st is the one in the Extruder which will hold the tube which goes back to the spool holder.
    and this one is 2 parted the inner part and the outer, a plastic ring with the metal teeth around. For some reason there teeth
    are not in the middle and yes on this outer part on one side there are some letters, which is the upside.

2nd one is installed in the Hotend top to secure the short tube which goes to the Extruder.

So are u more confused now? ;)

4. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member