Inconsistent Extrusion

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Glob, Dec 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Glob

Glob Member

EDIT2: The two problems I had were:
    The nozzle not being tight against the heatbreak; a hot tightening fixed this;
    Thinking extrusion speed and print speed are the same, grinding was occuring at 20mm/s extrusion speed which for my setup is equivalent to a 418mm/s print speed.
    max print speed = (max extrusion speed * pi * (radius of filament)^2) / (layer height * extrusion width)

I am using an e3d titan and lite 6 in direct drive mode. I have just set them up and even though I can extrude fine when not printing it is bad when printing. I have cleaned the lite 6 out multiple times, tested with new filament, levelled the bed. I am printing at 15mm/s, 60°C on the bed and 210°C on the extruder.

print3.jpg image.jpg
    full resolution

EDIT: seems like my lite 6 was leaking, hopefully I have fully tightened it now. But the filament is grinding now at full tension.

#1 Glob, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

210° may be fine, it may be not - what filament are we talking about here?
    If the filament is grinding against the hobbed gear, clean the hobbed gear with a brush before trying again since filament shavings might act as a lubricant to a certain degree and making your extruder drive gear a lot less efficient.

Also, what kind of retract settings are we talking here? V6 are somewhat sensitive to that.

3. Glob

Glob Member

Thanks for helping, but I have already fixed it.

mhe likes this.