Is there a market for slightly used Duet wifi and duex boards?

Discussion in 'Motion System' started by W1EBR.Gene, Oct 9, 2020.

1. W1EBR.Gene

W1EBR.Gene Well-Known Member

I like my tool changer. I don't like how noisy it is. I have a BigBox with TMC 2208s on the Rumba card and Klipper running on a Pi 3B and it is quiet and supports scripting to control the printer and a video camera to watch it remotely.

So I am thinking of Duet 3. Since it is about a $500 US upgrade, I am wondering if there is a way to sell my slightly used Duet wifi and Duex cards (I wish I could just upgrade the driver chips...)

Does anyone know if there is a market for slightly used boards?

#1 W1EBR.Gene, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. Marcus Mendenhall

Marcus Mendenhall Active Member

I might buy a used Duet WiFi as a spare. What revision is it, and how much are you thinking of asking?

3. W1EBR.Gene

Hello Marcus,
    Sorry to be so slow to get back to you. When my 2 year old takes a nap, I will turn the machine around and read the revision code. I would also want to sell the Duex card. Are you possibly interested in that too?

Update: It is version 1.04c

#3 W1EBR.Gene, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  4. Marcus Mendenhall

OK, that's certainly newer than what I am already running (1.02), so it should make a handy, plug-compatible spare. What would you consider a reasonable price? (Note: I don't really know that I need a spare, although I try to have most components on hand.)

5. W1EBR.Gene

Marcus,

I realized that, if you are not in the US, you will not want to pay the shipping charge from the US to you. I have returned items to e3d and the cost to ship to the UK was ridiculous, so I apologize for belaboring this, but what country are you located in? I can see what shipping costs would be.

6. Marcus Mendenhall

I'm in the U.S. It should probably go in a Priority Mail cardboard envelope with some bubble wrap for about $10.00.

7. dc42

dc42 Well-Known Member