Issues with filament feeding on the Dual

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Archania, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Archania

Archania Well-Known Member

Hi all.
    I have been fighting this machine off and on for awhile now. I just got it all good but now I am ending up with the filament pushing out of the titan extruder and forcing the bowden tubing to pop out.
    This of course doesn't push the filament into the hotend and causes it print in mid air with nothing.
    I just double checked the stepper motor for the extruder and it is still set to .57 volts. Just like it was when i did it during the build.
    This has happened with both PLA and ABS.
    Totally confused on why and how this is happening.
    Running RC6 with manual bed leveling.

The S3D profile is I can't remember. Alex or Jenkins. But it was doing great before.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

So when all is "normal", does that boden tubing that (in the photos) is only in the top bracket sit in the top of the Titan?

3. Archania

Yes. But for some reason it is pushing the filament more then it should or can extrude thus forcing the filament to kink up the bowden tube and force it out of the titan. Then the titan just keeps on turning and creating the mess.
    This make sense?

4. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure. I guess your tubing must be super easy to move as I had to really yank mine through the back brackets (hence it goes nowhere).

I wonder whether your nozzle is actually at the temperature it thinks it's at or whether you're in effect cold extruding. Presuming you have sensible firmware/software settings I can't see it making unreasonable extrusion requests. The titan must also be working if it has enough force to push the filament like that.

Can you try printing with the bowden hot end set to an extra 20 degrees and see if its any better?

5. Archania

Will tonight. Thanks