Just got the build started...

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Mark_T, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

... have to admit I'm impressed so far.

Quality of the prints has been excellent, all parts in the correct bags and no problems following the instructions.

It probably doesn't hurt that although I've never touched a 3D printer before, I have build many model helicopters so following unclear diagrams long since ceased to be a challenge :)

So far though the diagrams have been clear and I'm enjoying having the instructions written in genuine English and the ability to zoom in on anything that isn't obvious is great.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, I have to run my Misumi bearings through the ultrasonic clearer to remove the oil they shipped in then grease them up for use, after that, on with the build ...

PsyVision and Alex9779 like this.
  2. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

Just put the acrylic case together today.

Everything fitted absolutely perfectly. The cutting and the tolerances on these pieces is nothing short of amazing.

Several divergences from the build guide so far, but all of them good.

I'd have to agree with others that the nut traps definitely have no need for glue any more. Each and every one just needed a pair of long nose pliers to snap the nut into place and there is no way it is ever going to come out again.

Stian Indal Haugseth likes this.