K8200 Velleman

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by tunnelplan, Jun 11, 2014.

1. tunnelplan

tunnelplan New Member

Hello,

Can I connect the E3D-v6 direct to my K8200 Velleman printer with the two bolts or do I need more stuff?
    Is it electrical the same (hot element and temperature sensor) ?
    Thanks.

2. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

Hopefully there is a user on this forum who has that printer and can answer your question.
    If there is a forum for that printer it wouldn't hurt to post the same question on that forum.

3. Chavaquiah

Chavaquiah Active Member

A previously posted tutorial for the E3D-v5 may give you some hints. From a very cursory look, it would seem you'll need some kind of adapter, though.

(I'm also not so sure about using solder on a hotend.)

4. Blithespirit

Blithespirit Member

I could not get mine to fit as it's much smaller than the normal head or even the E3Dv5, the supplied fan mount does not fit the mount plate on the K8200. The mount for the v5 is too long and nog seen anyone post a new one yet.

What I did was to get a Bulldog XL extruder or even a Bulldog lite would work, ground the mount plate slightly to get the head to sit right and fitted it great. I had to drop the Z arm lower on the Z axis arm plate as my end stop would hit before I got to zero the plate, now works great, you have to Autotune your firmware using M303 and I posted my experience of the last few days in another post but now working great, would recommend the effort.

Let me know if you need any pictures or help with it, I did not use the fan supplied with the E3Dv6 mount as the bulldog fan cools my heat sink great.

Regards

Blithespirit

5. treblasnirp

treblasnirp Member

6. owl1981

owl1981 New Member

I could not find an adapter anywhere for K8200/3Drag that did not include fan mount, so I made my own.
    You can find it at:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:411716
    It is really rigid and works well.
    Instructions are included.
    Enjoy!