Kraken/Cyclops Compatibility

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by edziemedzie, Mar 10, 2015.

1. edziemedzie

edziemedzie New Member

Hey guys, I have a quick question...

Is there any reason why cyclops isn't compatible with kraken? Cyclops is spaced at 18mm and Kraken is at 20mm. Did you guys overlook the potential awesomeness of this, or is there some deeper rooted problem?

-E

2. Sanjay

Sanjay Administrator
    Staff Member

We would have had to excroach the 30mm fan footprint, which would have made the heatsink stick outside of the sides of the fan, and it would make drilling the cross channel even more of a PITA, it's a very deep, small diameter hole, that needs to not wander.

We did consider this but our eventual resolve was that Kraken needs a revision itself, in which we can bring the spacing of Kraken into line with Chimera/Cyclops but it's just quite low priority due to sales numbers of Kraken being quite low volume.

3. Dekker3D

Dekker3D New Member

I am planning and designing a printer for my local FabLab, and it will use a Kraken (that was the main point of building it anyway). Can you tell me whether this revision would make any difference for performance, and while we're at it, when the Kraken will be back in stock?

4. elmoret

elmoret Administrator