Kraken with Vulcano Hotends

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by Philipp, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Philipp

Philipp Member

Hello E3D-Community,

i am planning to built myself a bigger printer and try to figure out how to get the most out of it.

I would like to use 3 Nozzles, 0.4 ASA, 0.8ASA and 0.4 PVA to print at higher speeds i would like to use vulcano hot ends, but i am not sure if the kraken can handle the heat (closed chamber)

thank you for your advice

Phil

2. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Kraken is water-cooled, so that's ideal for closed chambers. There shouldn't be any issues with using Voclano hot sides with a Kraken cold side in a heated environment. We haven't tested that exact combo, but if your cooling loop is of good quality then there should be nothing to worry about. I would be very interested in a picture of your setup though!

3. Philipp

Philipp Member

thank you for you reply Antoine,

i have ordered most of the mechanical stuff and it should arrive this month, once i built the frame, installed the hotbed/steppermotors and setup the beltsystems i will order the rest of the components (hopefully by the end of the month/beginning of next month), like electronics (duet wifi, paneldue, sensors, extruders, hotends etc.) There are a lot of stuff on my to do list and some of them will come step by step. but hopefully it will be printing before summertime ;-) . I am thinking about the Extruder right now, i am not sure what type to use, bondtech, flex3drive or titans (80cm bowden lenght)

i will keep you updated once i finished the first stage.

Phil

Antoine likes this.