LCD Lights up but no text

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by 3DDP, Dec 1, 2016.

1. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

I just got my replacement rumba (3rd one), rewired everything like normal, except this time the LCD screen lights up, but no words, or text on it and the Rumba also still won't connect to the iMac, or PC using different software, and cables. I've doubled checked the wiring with the diagrams.

None of the computers, iOS 10 or PC (Windows 10) even notices it's plugged in, and I've tried the other two "dead" rumbas as well... Closest I got to printing was where I needed to adjust the G-Code for the offset. In any of my cases with the big box.

Has anyone gone from the rumba to Ramps 1.4 and Arduino? I've had zero issues with those cheap little dudes.

Serious case of bad Rumba batch(es)? Haven't read the greatest of things about Geeetech...

2. A Dragon In A Pie Costume

A Dragon In A Pie Costume Well-Known Member

try switching the screen cables around, or rotate them 180°...

3. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

that part of the deal has already been done two rumbas ago... switching them around makes the screen not light up period... the screen lights up, but no text... and like the rumba is in a frozen state where nothing reads it.

4. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

is the light on the rumba next to the LCD screen cables supposed to be blinking? and there is no light near the USB port either.