LCD PCB Board Spacer Protection

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Richard Barbosa, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Richard Barbosa

Richard Barbosa Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone!.

Just a quick thought. When we are doing the sub assembly work on the LCD Board and attaching it to the outer panel we all have to be careful with over tightening the screws to avoid the crushing or breaking of the 2 adjacent pcb boards. I came up with a tiny idea that avoids any mishaps.

You can take two extra spacers (if you have them) and then cut them in half. Take all four freshly cut spacers and fit them between the 2 boards at each screw as an additional second spacer. This way you can secure and tighten the screws nicely without worries.

If you don't have extra spacers or want to get ready for when you do get your BigBox kit then you can also purchase perfectly sized spacers from Digikey.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&itemSeq=192735032&uq=635942335161017078

Here is a pic of what it would look like:
    IMG_20160321_174300912.jpg

Thomas, Mike Kelly, Kick2box and 3 others like this.
  2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

A nice tidy modification Richard that is worth doing.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Don't forget you can print spacers ;)

4. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

@Mike Kelly : Yes, I this print spacers several times on my old Prusa printer. Probably my shortest prints ever :)

Mike Kelly likes this.