LCD test - no data displayed

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by ThomasR, May 17, 2016.

1. ThomasR

ThomasR Member

Hello!

I´ve got another problem. I got to the display-test. When tuning the BigBox on the LCD light up in blue back color but I have no display of any data. There should be something about a minimum temperature, because the heat bed isn´t connected and so on.

I´ve read many topics here, all of them are about that there is no backlight - just swap the data cables. Sadly no one says something, that he has no data displayed. Someone wrote about 3 beeps, but I have no beeps.

For sure I turned the sockets bei 180° on the display panel and tried to connect the heat panel. Nothing changed.

Do you have any suggestions?

2. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Exp1 on the display goes to exp2 on the rumba so double check that. Finally try turning the contrast pot a bit (only a bit it's quite sensitive)

3. ThomasR

ThomasR Member

Thank you! Yes, I have the cables crossed (exp2 to exp1 on Rumba and vice versa). Otherwise there will be no backlight too.

Now it works.

For everyone else with this kind of symptom:
    Do not turn the big knop, but the small white pot inside the display on the bottom left corner. I turned it with a plier to the right just a little bit and woop - there the display become visible.

Alex Stevenson likes this.
  4. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

I powered on yesterday for the first time and got nothing in the display. Havent had a chance to look at it yet. I hope it might be the same as your problem @ThomasR .

Got a vid where you can see it:

5. ThomasR

ThomasR Member

I can't see the display clearly, nur if it ins just blue and nothing else Thema I'm pretty sure that you have the same issue.

6. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Jepp, I did :D